As recipient of the Future Lawyers’ Scholarship, an alumnus of the University of Liverpool and a current Legal Practice Course student at the University of Law, Louis is the paradigm of home-grown talent.
Before joining O’Connors as a paralegal in the financial services and legal services team, Louis started his legal career in an international law firm.
Louis advises on all things regulation and assists the corporate and commercial teams on FCA and SRA compliance issues. He has a particular interest in emerging technologies and their impact on legal agreements and business structures.
Louis’ recent experience includes:
- Preparation of a services agreement and accompanying international data transfer agreement between a multi-jurisdictional class action law firm and a chat bot developer.
- Assisting in the delivery of advice to a global high street retailer in relation to its insurance appointed representative arrangements.
- Advising an AIM listed company in relation to directors’ duties and the rights of minority shareholders.
- Drafting of operative, governance, and ancillary documents in the establishment of a trust corporation for a national claimant law firm.
- Following updated HM Treasury, FCA and PRA discussion papers, advising a stablecoin issuer on the regulatory treatment of its token backed by £GBP on a 1:1 basis.
- Guiding an innovative alternative legal services provider through the application process to become an SRA authorised licensed body and facilitate growth through private equity funding.
- Supplying perimeter guidance advice to a national gas supplier in relation to consumer hire arrangements under the FCA’s consumer credit regime.
When not in the office, Louis can usually be found travelling abroad and experiencing other cultures.
Contact Louis Hamilton
Office 0151 906 1000